Elite Performance Partners (“EPP”) takes your privacy very seriously. We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioners Office Data Protection Register.
EPP follows Legitimate interest as its lawful basis.
The following will explain what information we hold, why and how it will be used.
What we do
EPP is a search consultancy, specialising in the recruitment of senior executive leaders and specialist performance practitioners in sport. As part of this process, we identify and reach out to specialist talent globally. We do this through a variety of ways: headhunting, networking, publications, current employer’s websites and through social media channels such as LinkedIn.
Once we identify individuals, we will reach out to them by calling or messaging them to arrange a discrete, confidential discussion.
We work on a retained basis and will never work speculatively. Our clients are our trusted partners.
What information do we collect?
We collect and process information from candidates obtained from various sources. From discussions, we will collect relevant information needed for the role, or perhaps more general information relating to a potential career search i.e. we will collect information for future reference. We will always ask if you are happy with us staying in touch with you.
Information we collect is through discussions we have with you and from CVs you have shared with us. This information typically includes; name, address, telephone number, email address, employment history, degrees and other qualifications, languages and other skills. It may also include, without limitation; age, nationality and race (only to the extent allowed by law), compensation details, a history of our conversations and contact and comments from third parties (i.e. references).
Like all executive search and recruitment firms, we will also collect information from social medial channels such as LinkedIn, where the candidate has posted and uploaded information about themselves.
All personal data is:
- Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner
- Collected for a specified explicit and legitimate purpose
- Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary and kept for no longer than is necessary
- Accurate and up to date
Who is collecting this information?
The EPP team will collect this information and store it securely. We pride ourselves on being discrete, respectful and professional in all manners of our work.
How is it being collected?
Information we collect (through aforementioned sources) will be recorded and stored in our database. All information we collect is processed lawfully and in line with GDPR principles.
Why it is being collected?
Information we collect is legitimate for executive search/recruitment purposes. We collect information to assess candidate’s suitability in line with our client’s requirements and criteria. We will present candidates information to our clients who will assess suitability. A candidate will always be aware of what client we are presenting their details to. In turn, we make sure our clients take data privacy very seriously and are compliant with GDPR principles.
On other occasions, candidates will send their details directly to us (speculatively and/or to a known EPP team member), and we upload and update the information accordingly. In this case, you have permitted us to store your information.
Your personal details will not normally be disclosed to third parties. In some circumstances however, we may need to disclose your personal details to a third party so that they can provide a service you have requested or fulfil a request for information. Other selected third parties may include:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance and compliance obligations of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- subcontractors including freelance researchers and resourcers;
- referees provided by yourself for the purpose of securing a reference for a specific position. We will not contact referees without your express prior permission or use existing references for a different role without obtaining your consent beforehand.
We will disclose your personal information to further third parties only under the following unlikely conditions:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If EPP or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
The lawful basis for the third party processing will include:
- satisfaction of their contractual obligations to us as our data processor;
- for the purpose of a contract in place or in contemplation;
- to fulfil their legal obligations.
You have the right to request access to your information at any time. We will ensure we provide this data within one month of request and with no fee. We may need an extension, depending on the volume of data, but will keep you updated throughout. We will present this data electronically to you.
Retaining and deleting your data
We do not retain data for an unreasonable amount of time. For business legitimate purposes, we retain candidate data in line with our business needs.
We will continually review data and keep in touch and contact you at certain points to make sure your data is up to date and relevant. You can ask us to update your data, which we can action immediately.
You can also ask for your information to be deleted at any time, without question. We can do this within one month of request, no questions asked.
We take security very seriously and ensure we have the required safeguards in place. Access is restricted to EPP employees and agreed clients you have given us express permission to present your details to; this will include a formatted version of your CV, our assessment on your fit for the client and their requirements.
By providing EPP with information (either to direct to a member of our team) or through email@example.com), a candidate confirms they have read, understood and accepted this privacy statement.
How can you contact us?
If you are unhappy with how we’ve handled your information, or have further questions on the processing of your personal data, contact us here: Elite Performance Partners 5 Merchant Square London W2 1AY, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.